I see lots of people that come to see me and ask how they can grow their business. They fall mostly into two groups… Those that don’t know what to do and those that know what to do but don’t do it.
How crazy is that? Knowing what to do and not doing it.
When I deliver a taster session for my Millionaire Mind-set SYSTEMS¬© I can always divide the participants into 3 types… Those that love the content and will take action. Those that love the content and might change something, and those that say they know it all anyway. These people are called KIAC’s (Know It All Colin’s!) Next time you see me ask me about this. 🙂
So here are 6 tips to help you stop becoming a KIAC!
1. Knowing is not enough – You have to take action on what you know, if you don’t take action, you might as well not know it. I’ve met loads of people that are very knowledgeable but don’t take action on any of it so remain broke.They are classic KIAC’s. Do It Now! DIN!
2. Don’t wait until conditions are perfect – If you’re waiting to start until conditions are perfect, you probably never will. There will always be something that isn’t quite right. Either the timing is off, the market is down, or there’s too much competition. In the real world there is no perfect time to start. You have to take action and deal with problems as they arise. The best time to start was last year. The second best time is right now. Do It Now! Din!
3. Become a doer – Practice doing things rather than thinking or talking about them. Do you want to start exercising? Do you have a great idea to pitch to your boss? Do it today. The longer an idea sits in your head without being acted on, the weaker it becomes. After a few days the details get hazy. After a week it’s forgotten completely. Stop talking and start doing and you’ll get more done and stimulate new ideas in the process. Do It Now! Din!
4. Remember that ideas alone don’t bring success – Ideas are important, but they’re only valuable after they’ve been implemented. One average idea that you put into action is more valuable than a dozen brilliant ideas that you’re saving for “some other day‚Äù or the “right opportunity‚Äù. If you have an idea that you really believe in, do something about it. Unless you take action it will never happen. Do It Now! Din!
5. Take action to cure fear – Have you ever noticed that the most difficult part of public speaking is waiting for your turn to speak? Even professional speakers and actors experience pre-performance anxiety. Once they get started the fear disappears. Action is the best cure for fear. The most difficult time to take action is the very first time. After the ball is rolling, you’ll build confidence and things will keep getting easier. Kill fear by taking action and build on that confidence. Do It Now! Din!
6. Live in the present – Focus on what you can do in the present moment. Don’t worry about what you should have done last week or what you might be able to do tomorrow. The only time you can affect is the present. If you speculate too much about the past or the future you won’t get anything done. Tomorrow or next week frequently turns into never. Do It Now! Din!
If you like this blog, please sign up and you will receive it straight into your inbox. Also please tell all of your friends, colleagues and family.
Take some action for the new year and have a look at this!