We all have negative people in our lives, and I get asked on a regular basis at my seminars or network meetings how to deal with them? We can’t completely avoid them so we have to have a strategy to cope with their energy vampire activities!
Here are my 5 top tips to help you cope:
1. Set up boundaries so you limit your time with them. Instead, surround yourself with positive people who share your vision for creating an engaged culture.
2. Do not engage the negative energy vampires in their negativity; doing so only gives them the attention and energy they want, and makes you miserable in the process.
3. Understand that you can’t choose others’ attitudes for them; that is their job. You can be an example, but don’t try to force change upon those who are unwilling.
4. Know your attitude boosters. When your attitude batteries are running on low, know what will replenish you to be your best. This may include reading a positive quote, calling a friend, visiting a positive co-worker, taking a walk‚ or anything that recharges you. Read my book perhaps!
5. And last, my favourite: keep a good sense of humour to bring balance, peace, and energy to your attitude. In fact, try to laugh every day.
Remember 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 (Can you work this out?) It’s the key to a successful life!
You will become the average of the 5 people you spend most of your time with!
If you would like to start the New Year in the way that you mean to go on then why not join one of my accountability groups?
Would you like to learn more about being in an accountability results group? If so watch this video!
Come along to my Entrepreneurs Business Club!