On a daily basis I get asked for a tip for business or advice on how to fix a problem in one of my clients life. So I’ve put together 10 little bits of wisdom that might just change the way you see things going forward. My challenge to you is to pick one that you like and try it for the next 21 days and see what difference it makes to your life or business. 21 days is about the time it takes to create a habit and if it becomes a positive habit in your life, just think what results you could get…
If it does make a difference to you please leave a comment at the bottom of the page so that others will benefit as well.
- Spend more time with the right people.– These are the people you enjoy, who love and appreciate you, and who encourage you to improve in positive and exciting ways. They are the ones who make you feel more alive, and not only accept who you are now, but also accept and encourage who you want to be, unconditionally.
- Help other people around you. – Care about people. Guide them if you know a better way. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you. Love and kindness begets love and kindness. And so on and so forth. Remember it’s not about you! Remember the law of reciprocation.
- Be honest with yourself about everything.– Be honest about what’s right, as well as what needs to be changed. Be honest about what you want to achieve and who you want to become. Be honest with every aspect of your life, always. Because you are the one person you can forever count on. Search your soul, for the truth, so that you truly know who you are. Once you do, you’ll have a better understanding of where you are now and how you got here, and you’ll be better equipped to identify where you want to go and how to get there.
- Value the lessons that your mistakes teach you. – Mistakes are okay; they’re the stepping stones of growth. If you’re not failing from time to time, you’re not trying hard enough and you’re not learning. Take risks, trip, fall, and then get up and try again. Appreciate that you are pushing yourself, learning, growing and improving. Significant achievements are almost invariably realised at the end of a long road of failures. One of the ‘mistakes’ you fear might just be the link to your greatest achievement yet. “A mistake is only a mistake if you make it twice; the first time it’s a beautiful lesson”.
- Face your problems head on. – It isn’t your problems that define you, but how you react to them and recover from them. Problems will not disappear unless you take action. Burying your head in the sand leaves your bum in the air and someone will kick it! Do what you can, when you can, and acknowledge what you’ve done. It’s all about taking small steps in the right direction, inch by inch. These inches count, they add up to yards and the yards add up to miles.
- Take full responsibility for your own life. – No one is going to save you! Own your choices and mistakes, and be willing to take the necessary steps to improve upon them. Either you take responsibility for your life or someone else will. And when they do, you’ll become a slave to their ideas and dreams instead of a creator of your own. You are the only one who can directly control the outcome of your life. And no, it won’t always be easy. Every person has a stack of challenges in front of them. You must take responsibility for your situation and overcome these challenges. Choosing not to, is choosing a lifetime of mere existence.
- Look for the silver lining in every situation. – When things are hard, and you feel down, take a few deep breaths and look for the silver lining – the small rays of hope. Remind yourself that you can and will grow stronger from these hard times. And stay conscious of your blessings and victories – all the things in your life that are right. Focus on all of the great things that you already have, not on those that you don’t.
- Be more polite to yourself. – If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend? The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. If you don’t love who you are, no one else will.
- Move towards your goals every single day. – Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. (Lao Tzu) Whatever it is you dream about, start taking small, logical steps every day to make it happen. Get out there and DO something! The harder you work the luckier you will become. While many of us decide at some point during the course of our lives that we want to answer our calling, only an astute few of us actually work on it. By ‘working on it,’ I mean consistently devoting oneself to the end result. Email me for my goal funnel.
- Focus on the possibility of positive outcomes. – The mind must believe it CAN do something before it is capable of actually doing it. The way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful. Listen to your self-talk and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Regardless of how a situation seems, focus on what you DO WANT to happen, and then take the next positive step forward. No, you can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can control how you react to things. Everyone’s life has positive and negative aspects – whether or not you’re happy and successful in the long run depends greatly on which aspects you focus on. What you think about, you bring about!
If you are a business or life coach and would like to get more clients please have a look at my SYSTEMS for Coaches course where you could be one of our next licensed coaches. Look here!
If you would like to grow your business then why not join one of my accountability groups?
Fancy it? Then watch this video!
Come along to my Entrepreneurs Business Club!