Do you work with negative people? Here are my 5 top tips:
1. Set up boundaries so you limit your time with them. Instead, surround yourself with positive people who share your vision for creating an engaged culture.
2. Do not engage the negative energy vampires in their negativity; doing so only gives them the attention and energy they want, and makes you miserable in the process.
3. Understand that you can’t choose others’ attitudes for them; that is their job. You can be an example, but don’t try to force change upon those who are unwilling.
4. Know your attitude boosters. When your attitude batteries are running on low, know what will replenish you to be your best. This may include reading a positive quote, calling a friend, visiting a positive co-worker, taking a walk‚Äîor anything that recharges you. Read my book perhaps!
5. And last, my favorite: keep a good sense of humour to bring balance, peace, and energy to your attitude. In fact, try to laugh every day.